Saturday 15 June 2013

The Day After Fix

With all my friends turning 18, one thing that is frequently recurring is the hangover the next day. So I thought I'd share some of the things I do to make 'the day after' a little bit more bearable.

 So usually, most people do the pampering before they go out, like having a bubble bath, face mask, hair treatment etc. But what about after the event?
Alcohol always affects me badly. My skin gets dry and I am more prone to breakouts which is why I like to treat myself the day after the event as well as before (you can never pamper yourself too much surely?!) So these are a few products I use to make myself feel more human and less zombie.

So the next morning (after staying in bed for as long as possible), I like to have a nice long shower to wash away the grim and dirt from having danced the night away. I tend to use a lot of heat products on my hair so to make it still look healthy and shiny, I use Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Reconstruction which is a deep conditioner for damaged hair. You can use this product regularly, however I like to use it once a week because I feel like this makes more of an impact on my hair then if I use it every other day. This product leaves my hair looking shiny and feeling ultra soft as well as smelling sweet and fresh. It is not too expensive and I would definitely recommend it!

After I have got out the shower and towelled dried my hair, I like to use a serum to prevent split ends. My favourite at the moment (and I do change products regularly) is John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Hair Serum which also protects your hair from heat damage. I use a comb to work a pea sized amount through the ends of my hair to the mid lengths (never to the roots as I find it makes my hair greasy). Using a comb instead of a brush stops your hair from breaking because your hair is more vulnerable when it is wet. I try not to use heat on my hair so I let it dry naturally.

Because I find my skin to be quite dry from the dehydration that alcohol causes, I like to use my trusty Soap and Glory 'The Righteous Butter' which is specially made for dry skin. This is a product I don't use every day because it is quite a luxury product for my skin. It definitely leaves my skin feeling soft without being greasy and the smell is not too over powering.

I love wearing heels when I go out because I am quite small. However this means my feet end up killing me by the end of the night. So to beg my feet for forgiveness, I like to use E45's Foot and Heel cream onto my feet and massage it in after I have had a shower. I then slip on some fluffy socks and let the cream sink in.

Throughout the day, I like to drink lots of water to hydrate my body after the dehydration that alcohol causes. This also will stop my skin from getting dry and prevent break-outs! I also try and eat healthy because alcohol has so much sugar in (particularly is you prefer the sweet tasting drinks like me!) so I snack on fruit rather then biscuits and other bad things I shouldn't eat but I do!! I also like to avoid wearing make-up for the day and if I do go out then I only wear a bit of mascara and powder. Another thing I do is wear comfy loose clothing so I feel more comfortable. And after all this, I like to stick on a chick flick and curl up with a blanket after taking a tablet to reduce that ever growing headache! Oh, and try and avoid Facebook to see if I've been tagged in any embarrassing photo's!!

Happy hangover day! And remember to be safe when drinking!

Lots of Love,

Just Al xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment