Friday 28 June 2013

PROM! My Face Products

My year 13 prom was last Friday so I thought it would be a good opportunity to share all the products I used on my face that morning.
My skin type is combination. I tend to have dry skin during the winter but oily skin in the summer but get breakouts all year round. (Whoopie!) Because it was prom I wanted to try and have perfect skin (well as much as possible anyway) so I prepared my skin all week by eating fruit for breakfast and for snacks and drinking as much water as possible. I also avoided spicy foods and made sure I cleansed my face every morning and evening. This meant that on the day of the prom, my skin was fairly good with only a few blemishes.

So I started off by washing my face with my favourite face wash of all time, 'No7. Beautiful Skin Foaming Cleanser'. Many people say that foaming cleansers are bad for your skin because it strips your skin from its natural oils and ironically can make your skin 'too clean'. However I found this product to be quite mild on my skin. It washed away all my leftover make-up and troubles of the day and left my skin feeling soft rather then dry. I have been using this product religiously for nearly two years now and have never looked back. It has been the only drug store product that I have used that has been successful on my skin and has decreased the amount of blemishes I used to get, stopped my skin from being oily and also stopped it from going dry. Yep, it really is a miracle worker. And as you can tell, I am going to be running out of this product very soon! But the great thing is, it lasts for ages as you only need one pump of this baby every time you wash your face!

As it is prom day (i.e.. a very special occasion!), I decided to treat my skin with a face serum. I tried out 'No.7 Lift and Luminate' day serum and applied a pea sized amount after I had cleansed my face. Even though this product is aimed to stop the signs of aging, my motto is 'you're never too young to use anti-aging products' and considering I am now 18, I have noticed a few winkles on my face and I might as well stop the process now to help my skin later! I found this serum to have beautiful results on my face. It made my face feel super super soft without making it greasy. It also made my skin look healthy by adding a slight glow, perfect for my prom princess look!

And now for my favourite thing since discovering mascara, 'Freederm Fast Track Spot Gel'. I have tried every product under the sun to get rid of my blemishes from tea tree to toothpaste, but this product has been the only one to make a real difference. It promises to reduce the appearance of spots in 3 hours, and I honestly believe it does. I apply a blob of this beauty to my spots before moisturising and it immediately soothes any particularly irritating blemish and in a day or so, 'POOF'- Gone! The only thing I would say about this product is to be careful if you have sensitive or dry skin as it can irritate your skin. But I would still recommend this product 100%

To moisturise my skin, I used 'Nivea's Light Moisturising Day Cream' which has SPF 15. It says it is for normal to combination skin so hopefully it will be able to tame my oiliness and dryness. This product is light and easy to use as well as being cheap. I think it does what it says on the tin (or tube.. whatever..) and who can argue with that?!

Okay I know my last product isn't exactly for your face but just call me a rule breaker and be done! But I thought I would include it in this post just because I used this on my prom day and thought it was a great product. I thought it smelt amazing and it promised to keep me smelling wonderful for 48hrs. Admittedly, I did top up on deodorant before leaving for prom for safe measures so I can't be sure whether it would have kept me 'protected' for 48hrs but it smelt so good and fresh, I still think it is a great product :)

So that's all folks! I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Please comment and follow.

Love Just Al xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment