Saturday 13 July 2013

My Summer Sountrack

Summer has finally hit England! YAY! And with it, it has brought lots of lazy days, road trips and just hanging out with friends. But one thing that has accompanied summer and all it's events is music. Music is such an important part of my life just because it can have such an impact on my mood and can make me feel happy when I am sad and relax me when I'm stressed. So I thought I'd share with y'all my favourite tunes that I have been loving during summer!

Road Trips

My boyfriend has recently passed his driving test which luckily for me means a lot of free lifts and the chance to have road trips :) I am definitely the type of person to be travelling in a car and imagine I am in some music video with some dramatic music on in the background! But for summer, upbeat classic songs are the way forward for me.
  1. 'Drive By' by Train. This song is perfect to sing along to with your friends. It may old now  but I love the upbeat chorus and the way you can't help but bob your head along with the beat!
  2. 'Wouldn't It Be Nice' by The Beach Boys. This is what you call a classic summer tune. This song is so retro and put's you in a happy, relaxed mood- fabulous for swaying along to in the car.
  3. 'C'est La Vie' by B*Witched. Okay okay this may be a bit of a guilt pleasure but I am a 90s baby and B*Witched ruled my school discos as well as S Club 7. But this song is the one all my girl mates can't help but belt out and make us feel five years old and carefree all over again!
  4. 'Livin' On A Pray' by Bon Jovi. I don't think I need to say anymore about this song other then, roll down the windows, turn up the volume and prepare your vocal chords for some serious singing!
  5. 'All These Things That I've Done' by The Killers. The 'I've got soul but I'm not a soldier' chant in this song is one that everyone joins in with. I actually first heard of this song on a school trip when I went skiing in Austria and this song reminds me of that long but happy coach journey to get there.
Chilling in the Garden with Friends

I've spent most of this week soaking up the rays on my friends hammock in her garden drinking strawberry milkshake and singing along to uplifting songs. Fabulous.

  1. 'Walking On Sunshine' by Katrina and the Waves. This song is guaranteed to put a smile on everyone's face and create a summery atmosphere!
  2. '5 Years Time' by Noah And The Wale. 'And they'll be sun, sun, sunnnn...' Get everyone whistling to this song and feel young and carefree :)
  3. 'Come On Eileen' by Dexys Midnight Runners. This song used to be one stereotyped for weddings to get the great aunties and grandparents to wiggle about too. But since 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower', this song has suddenly become cool again and who can not help but copy Charlie's walk up to Sam and Patrick in the dance scene?
  4. 'She's So Lovely' by Scouting For Girls. This song is so so catchy and uplifting that you just want to jump around the garden!
  5. 'In The Summertime' by Mungo Jerry. 'In the summer time when the weather is hot, you can stretch right up and touch the sky...' Perfecto.
Summer Parties!

Colourful, homemade punch and summer dresses, summer parties are the best. Let's turn the music up and get everyone dancing!

  1. 'Blurred Lines' by Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell Williams & T.I. This song is high in the charts for a reason. And that reason is that it is so catchy and has this cool, relaxed feel about it that makes even the most uncoordinated person feel like they can dance along.
  2. 'The Other Side' by Jason Derulo. This song just screams 'PARTY' with it's steady bass and an uplifting chorus!
  3. 'Mr Brightside' by The Killers. And the award for the most reliable song to get a group of teenagers to jump around like crazy fools and to wave their hands in the air (like they just don't care!) goes to.. 'Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies. Choking on your alibis. But it's just the price I pay. Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes. ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside" (Yeah I totally just sang along to that..)
  4. 'I Love It' by Icona Pop. The repetitive lyrics in the is song make sure that by the end of it's two and a half minute duration you know every word.
  5. '22' by Taylor Swift. I am a bit of a Swiftie so I couldn't resist including this song. However it's a great song to get you into the party mood :)


So that's a few of my summer songs. Have you got a song you have been loving this summer? I would love to hear about it in the comments! Have a fabulous summer- be safe, be happy and be carefree. :)

Love Just Al xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment